Job: Online Marketing Manager/Profit Center Manager
|| Online Marketing Manager/Profit Center Manager
Online Marketing Manager is one of the most critical positions that we have and it REQUIRES a very special and talented individual. Please read on. Online Marketing Manager Title: Online Marketing Manager Reports to: Managing Partner Direct Reports: none Based at: Idea Incubator, LP Corporate Headquarters Austin, TX Job Purpose: As a Online Manager (PCM) I run a single division/company at Idea Incubator LP. I am directly responsible for the profitability of my division, and I am expected to grow it and care for it as if it is my own. While I will work with virtually every member of the Idea Incubator team from customer support, to the build team to the traffic teams and up through the directors and CEO to achieve short-term and long-term strategic objectives, the responsibility for the success or failure of my division rests on my shoulders. Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage the marketing calendar. This is the primary document all PCMs will work from and it is the document that will drive my day-to-day actions. I will work with the build team, the affiliate/JV manager and the marketing directors to determine which promotions will make it onto the calendar, but at the end of the day if the marketing calendar is empty or underperforms it’s on me as the PCM.
- Email copywriting (especially follow-up emails). While I will have access to the copywriting team, all PCMs should possess enough skill as a copywriter to compose emails on a regular basisâ€¦especially non-promotional emails. Moreover, I should be able to recognize good copy from bad copy based on my intimate knowledge of the customer and the market as a whole.
- Landing page build outs based on build team plans. Since products are more or less “dead” to the build team after 60 days, any tweaks or campaign-specific landing pages should be done by PCMs. This will require me to be proficient at both OptimizePress, as well as image-editing software like Adobe Fireworks.
- Primary point of contact for content providers. If publishees and other content providers have a question or concern, I will be their first point of contact.
- Primary point of contact for customer support. It’s the job of the customer support manager to inform the PCMs of any problems or issues related to their division, but it’s on me as the PCMs to fix those problems in a timely manner.
- Create customer avatars and perform ongoing market analysis. Customer avatar sheets will be posted near my desk, and I will know each avatar like theyâ€™re an old, childhood friend.
- Maintain swipe files and perform competitive analysis. I will be on every competitor’s list and setup email filters to keep track of all their messages. I will also record the order processes of major competitors and keep binders for control and test pieces and make copies of related offers for copywriters.
- Maintain flowcharts of all sales funnels. I can’t improve the profitability of my sales funnels unless I intimately understand those sales funnels. That’s why it’s essential that I maintain updated flowcharts of each and every sales funnel for each and every product.
- Perform quality control and final checks on new products and offers created by build team. It’s unfair to ask the build team to “edit” their own work, and since I should have the best understanding of my market and customers it only makes sense that I perform the quality control on any new products and offers.
- Review the P&L Statement with the CEO on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Key Metrics on a daily basis for each campaign and lead source. The key metrics include (but may not be limited to) 1) number of new leads (i.e. webinar registrants, SOS opt-ins, etc.) 2) conversion rate of leads to buyers and 3) average customer value. 12. Drive EVERYONE in the organization to increase revenues and improve margins. As a Online Marketing Manager, I should be PUSHING… …the BUILD TEAM to create new offers …the CONTENT PROVIDERS to create new front-end products and up-sells …the ANALYTICS TEAM to run new split tests and increase their conversion rates …the COPY TEAM to write new marketing campaigns to test against proven controls …the MEDIA BUYERS and TRAFFIC TEAM to get more eyeballs to high-converting offers.
- Number of New Leads (i.e. webinar registrants, SOS opt-ins, etc.)
- Conversion Rate of Leads to Buyers
- Average Customer Value
(All metrics should be tracked on a DAILY basis for each campaign/lead source.) Personal Characteristics Required for Online Managers:
- Strong understanding of Financial Industry Information and Products
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of all aspects of Direct Response Marketing campaigns.
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions based on strategic goals.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of HTML, PHP and image editing (i.e. Fireworks)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of OptimizePress.
- Strong ability to sell.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Detailed knowledge of each specific industry or niche.
- Proven revenue generation capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial Nature
At Idea Incubator, we are dedicated to only building employment relationships with the absolute best candidates. If your personal characteristics do not match our requirements, it would be a waste of both of our mutual time. These characteristics are absolutely required for this position. Please understand that we only take the best in order to make them super stars. We can’t wait to see all the candidates that feel they have what it takes to get us where we want to go. If you have it, you’ll never regret the decision to apply.